top of page
  • Writer's pictureAndrew Heathcote

Medicare for parent visa applicants

If you’ve applied for a parent visa

You ca not enrol in Medicare if you’ve applied for an 804 or 103 parent visa. You may have some cover under a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement assuming you hold an eligible passport.

You can enrol for Medicare if either:

  • you’ve applied for a contributory parent visa and have a temporary 173 or 884 visa

  • you have a permanent contributory parent visa subclass 143 or 864.

You may be able to enrol if you have a temporary contributory parent visa.


bottom of page